You will be responsible for the management of development and production environments and will contribute to productizing new software by developing installation, deployment and management scripts.
Ideal candidate will have a strong work ethic, fantastic attitude and be comfortable tackling any challenge set before him or her.
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools
- Ability to code and script
- Automating and streamlining operations and processes
- Building and maintaining tools for deployment, monitoring, and operations
- Experience with systems and IT operations
- Comfort with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment
- Strong grasp of automation tools
- Data management skills
- A strong focus on business outcomes
- Working collaboratively across teams to ensure consistent and performant approaches for development and production software/infrastructure
- Troubleshooting and resolving issues in development, test and production environments
- Experience with functional programming languages such as Scala or Erlang
- Interest in data analytic technologies such as Apache Spark, Apache Pig, AWS Pipelines, Google Dataflow, or MapReduce
- Experience and interest in large-scale distributed systems
- Interest in information security technologies
- Collaborative in nature
- Experience interacting with senior level management and executives
- AWS (Amazon Web Service)
- Socket io
Top three skill areas we’re looking for:
- Coding or scripting
- Process re-engineering
- Communicating and collaborating with others
- 2-3 years of DevOps experience
- Expertise in Python, Shell Script and PHP
- Strong background in Linux/Unix administration
- Configuration and Managing AWS (EC2, VPC, ELB, ALB, Elasticache, S3, Route53,CloudWatch) environment.
- Configuration and Managing Private Cloud using OpenStack.
- Creating Software release pipeline using Jenkins and Ansible.
- Using GIT code repository for maintaining code in distributed development Environment.
- Developing scripts (shell and python) for Automation and custom monitoring.
- Setup rapid testing Development environment using Vagrant and Docker.
- Setup application monitoring in New Relic.
- Setup and Manage different environment (Production, Staging, QA).
- Configuration and managing virtualization environment (Hyper-V, Citrix XenServer,VMware – ESXi).
- Install and configure HA-Proxy Load balancer, Elastic Load Balancer, Application Load Balancer.
- Install and configure Webserver (Apache, Nginx), Database server (MySQL, mongodB), caching server (redis, memcache).
- Log Management and visualization using ELK (Elastic Search, Log stash and Kibana)
- Issue and Ticket management system – Jira, mentish bug tracker.
- Configure Linux servers like FTP, DNS, DHCP, Mail, SAMBA, LAMP, OpenFire,
- Tigervnc, NTP, Spacewalk.
- Firewall configuration (iptables, firewalld) for inbound and outbound traffic