Principal Software Engineer
You will be a part of a software engineering team consisting of software developers frontend & backend, designer, quality assurance engineers and product manager.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide technical guidance in software design and development activities.
- Assist in maintenance and upgrades of existing software applications.
- Participate in design reviews and recommend improvements.
- Provide support in all phases of SDLC and ensure to deliver high-quality products.
- Provide trainings and mentor other Engineers when required.
- Analyze and troubleshoot application issues in a timely fashion.
- Develop most effective technical solutions to meet business requirements.
- Work with other Engineers in planning, prioritizing and executing assigned tasks within deadlines.
- Assist in risk assessment and mitigation activities.
- Attend team meetings to communicate project status and discuss about new ideas and any issues.
- Recommend new technologies to ensure quality and productivity.
- Assist in technical audits and make sure to implement audit recommendations.
- Make business presentations to management when needed.
- Work with QA team in preparing test cases, plans and procedures.
- 5+ years of web development experience using LAMP stack or similar web technologies
- Possess strong understanding of Object-Oriented Programming, especially in PHP
- Proficient with database design, optimization, and tuning in MySQL
- Experience in design patterns, unit testing, automation techniques (Selenium WebDriver)
- Exposure to Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, EBS, RDS, SQS, Redshift, etc.)
- Exposure to collaborating tools like GitHub, JIRA
- Experience in PHP frameworks such as Slim, Yii, Phalcon, Laravel, or proven ability to learn on the job
- Exposure to Scrum methodology and XP technical practices such as unit testing, pair programming, test-driven development, continuous integration or continuous delivery
- Mentoring junior programmers, take part in code reviews and ensure team follows the coding standards.
- Self-motivated, fast learner, detail-oriented, team player and a sense of humor
Why work with us?
- Excellent career development opportunities – we want to strengthen your strengths and grow with us (and we mean it)
- Flat hierarchies, open communication, and easy-going personal interaction
- For the personal growth experience of helping build a truly successful SaaS company with a stellar team where you can have a huge impact.